Kopytsya Mykola Pavlovich, was born on December 23, 1955 in the Sumy region. In 1981 he graduated from the medical faculty of the Kharkov Medical Institute with honors, since then he has been working at the Institute of Therapy.
From 1985 to 2002 he was the head of the Intensive Care Unit, since 2005 - the head of the Department of Acute Myocardial Infarction (from 2017 Department of Prevention and Treatment of Emergency Conditions). In 1991 after graduating from correspondence postgraduate trainings in cardiology he defended his Ph.D. on the topic «Prostacyclin-thromboxane system and platelet aggregation in acute myocardial infarction." In 2004 he defended his doctoral dissertation "Influence of structural-functional, neurohumoral factors on the development of heart failure and ventricular arrhythmias in patients after myocardial infarction. Ways of prediction and profilactic».
He is the participant of many Congresses of the European Society of Cardiology, Conferences of the Association of Cardiac Failure Specialists of the European Society of Hypertension and the European Society of Cardiology, Emergency conditions, Heart rhythm disorders, etc.
The main directions of scientific activity:
- Fundamental research of pathogenic mechanisms of acute coronary syndrome;
- Determination of modern biomarkers role in the diagnosis, risk stratification and choice of treatment tactics for patients with acute coronary syndrome;
- Development and wide implementation into the practical health protection system the pharmaco-invasive treatment strategy of acute myocardial infarction;
- Determination of highly sensitive electrophysiological markers of sudden cardiac death;
- Development of personified therapeutic schemes for the prevention of arrhythmic complications and cardiac insufficiency in acute myocardial infarction.
He is a Member of the European Society of Cardiologists, Ukrainian Society of Cardiologists, Member of the Working Group on Emergency Conditions of the Association of Cardiologists of Ukraine, one of the Editor the “Ukrainian Therapeutic Journal”, "Rational Pharmacotherapy", “Cardiology: from Science to Practice”, etc.
He is the author of more than 350 publications, 12 patents, co-author of 8 textbooks, reference books and methodical recommendations.
He is Honored Doctor of Ukraine (1998), he has been rewarded with Certificates of the Presidium of the National Academy of Medical Sciences of Ukraine, Minister of Health of Ukraine, Head of Kharkiv Regional Administration, etc.